Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Great Regulars: The Day of the Sun

by Vijay Seshadri

The Day of the Sun

Arriving early at the limit of understanding,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Day of the Sun by Vijay Seshadri

~~~~~~~~~~~

Evening
by Jo McDougall

From a wood beyond the fields

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Evening by Jo McDougall

~~~~~~~~~~~

Men Throwing Bricks
by Michael Chitwood

The one on the ground lofts two at a time

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Men Throwing Bricks by Michael Chitwood

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mingus at the Showplace
by William Matthews

I was miserable, of course, for I was seventeen,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Mingus at the Showplace by William Matthews

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Name
by Mark Strand

My Name

Once when the lawn was a golden green

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Name by Mark Strand

~~~~~~~~~~~

No Deal
by Ronald Wallace

No Deal

And when I died, the devil came and said,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: No Deal by Ronald Wallace


~~~~~~~~~~~

Ready
by Irene McKinney

I remember a Sunday with the smell of food drifting

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Ready by Irene McKinney

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :