Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Great Regulars: Amo, Amas

by John O'Keefe

Amo, Amas, I love a lass

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Amo, Amas by John O'Keefe

~~~~~~~~~~~

Blue Girls
by John Crowe Ransom

Twirling your blue skirts, travelling the sward

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Blue Girls by John Crowe Ransom

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Dime-Store Parakeet
by Gary Soto

The bird didn't speak

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Dime-Store Parakeet by Gary Soto

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Heart
by Kim Addonizio

That Mississippi chicken shack.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Heart by Kim Addonizio

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Man in the Yard
by Howard Nelson

My father told me once

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Man in the Yard by Howard Nelson

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Secret of Life
by Ellen Goldsmith

I grabbed the streetcar from Fisherman's Wharf

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Secret of Life by Ellen Goldsmith

~~~~~~~~~~~

Song of Solomon
by Anonymous

I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. As the lily

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Song of Solomon by Anonymous

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :