Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Great Regulars: It was the intensest nervous vibration

of unison, pressed higher and higher in pitch, till the blood-vessels of the girl broke, and the blood began to flow out loose. It was love. If you call it love.

But [Edgar Allan] Poe knew only love, love, love, intense vibrations and heightened consciousness.

from Daily Times: Purple Patch: Edgar Allan Poe --D H Lawrence


~~~~~~~~~~~

[Ted Hughes] was a born seducer and only my terror of Sylvia's ghost kept me from being seduced.

I remember sitting across a bar table with Ted and his friend Luke while Ted put the poetic moves on me. Knowing I'd want an autographed book, he snatched my copy of Crow and drew, on the title page, a lecherous snake climbing an Edenic tree.

from Daily Times: Purple Patch: Seducing the Demon --Erica Jong


~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :