Tuesday, August 19, 2008

News at Eleven: "I'm also working on something that I don't

want to talk about," he [Dannie Abse] says. "It will come out next spring." Then he pauses and shakes his head. "Oh, why shouldn't I talk about it? During Joan's memorial I read some poems and one was about two people meeting for the first time. Over the decades I have written a number of poems that are scenes from married life. Now Hutchinson wants to publish this, too. My wife would count magpies, so I think that I will call the publication Two For Joy. The poems that I've written since the accident, they aren't quite enough to fill the desired amount of pages. But there is plenty of time for more."

Lachrymae

(i) Later

from The Times: Poet Dannie Abse on how writing helped him through grief

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :