Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Great Regulars: Confederates

by Neal Bowers

My father was only two in 1915

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Confederates by Neal Bowers

~~~~~~~~~~~

May Day
by Phillis Levin

I've decided to waste my life again,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: May Day by Phillis Levin

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Pennycandystore Beyond the El
by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

The Pennycandystore beyond the El

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Pennycandystore Beyond the El by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

~~~~~~~~~~~

Purring
by Coleman Barks

The internet says science is not sure

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Purring by Coleman Barks

~~~~~~~~~~~

Smoke and Ash
by David Budbill

I spend every fall out in the woods, felling trees, cutting their trunks

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Smoke and Ash by David Budbill

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I Call
by John Brantingham

As I talk to her,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: When I Call by John Brantingham

~~~~~~~~~~~

Youth
by W. S. Merwin

Good Night
by W. S. Merwin

Youth

Through all of youth I was looking for you

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Youth by W. S. Merwin

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :