Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Great Regulars: The good poem kisses me and promises

a second read and another date. I look for work that is memorable- the after taste that lingers or the nakedness that seduces again. Visual beauty is important. Control on the page. Order and clarity.I also want to inhale a degree of freshness. The good poem surprises me like magic or a one night affair. I want to take something away with me -even if it's just a fragrance.

from E. Ethelbert Miller: First Person Plural: An Interview with E. Ethelbert Miller

~~~~~~~~~~~

I Imagine One Day I Will Join Them

I was walking down the street this morning

from E. Ethelbert Miller: E-Notes: I Imagine One Day I Will Join Them

~~~~~~~~~~~

You've Really Got A Hold On Me

I'm trying to write this in falsetto.

from E. Ethelbert Miller: E-Notes: You've Really Got A Hold On Me

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :