Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Great Regulars: Drugstore

by Carl Dennis

Don't be ashamed that your parents

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Drugstore by Carl Dennis

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Guardian
by Joseph Mills

I don't think my brother realized all

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Guardian by Joseph Mills

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Hay Rake
by Kate Barnes

One evening I stopped by the field to watch the hay rake

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Hay Rake by Kate Barnes

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've Always Enjoyed Her Sense of Humor
by Gerald Locklin

She's an old friend

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I've Always Enjoyed Her Sense of Humor by Gerald Locklin

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Jobholder
by David Ignatow

I stand in the rain waiting for my bus

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Jobholder by David Ignatow

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Parents' Dance Lessons, 1945
by Alison Townsend

In the story my aunt tells,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Parents' Dance Lessons, 1945

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wrong Turn
by Luci Shaw

I took a wrong turn the other day.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Wrong Turn by Luci Shaw

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :