Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Poetic Obituaries: I remember the first time I read Jayne [Pupek]'s

writing at Poetry-W, an internet writing workshop that works through e-mails, and how it made my brain sizzle. I was amazed to learn, using my megawatt nosiness, that she had only started writing poetry. Had the poetry world been a Greek myth, Jayne was Athena who sprang into being--fully formed and fully armed with pen and paper--from the head of Zeus.

That was, I think, over six or seven years ago (sorry, I have the memory of a big goldfish and lose count after five years). The important thing is we got out of the -W cave and got into funky online forums--where we ran laps in the 30-poems-for-30-days marathon, together with other masochistic poets (you know who you are, so don't pretend to be innocent!)

from {event museum}: Remembering Jayne Pupek: (8 March 1962--30 August 2010)
then Press 1: We Dream Colors: An Interview with Jayne Pupek

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :