Tuesday, July 19, 2011

News at Eleven: al-Ghermezi: When they caught me,

they brought me to the CID [Criminal Investigation Department] department. And they were always beat me within 9 days, in the morning, in the afternoon, at nights. Men and women beat me a lot. More than one person beat me at the same time. They dealt with us in a bad way, especially because we are political. And they said bad words to me, and told me to say bad words about myself, about my mother, about my father, and that is it.

from PressTV: 'Forced to confess by Al Khalifa regime'
then AhlulBayt News Agency: The Interview with Bahrain Revolution's Poet, "Ayat Al-Gormezi"
then The Independent: Poet jailed in protests claims she was beaten by Bahraini royal
then euronews: Bahrain frees young dissident poet
then Huffington Post: A Freedom Poet: The Ai Weiwei of the Middle East

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :