Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Great Regulars: These days, I tend to do my reading lying

on my bed, or on the sofa. Or, when it gets colder, sitting on the floor with my back to the radiator. I have fewer endless afternoons to devote to reading--but if I did, then a window seat, a cushion-strewn trampoline or a tent hung from a tree all look like lots of fun. How about you?

from Alison Flood: The Guardian: Browsing the best 'book nooks'

~~~~~~~~~~~

The acclaimed author of titles including Norwegian Wood, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and, most recently, IQ84, [Haruki] Murakami has been given odds of 10/1 to win the Nobel by Ladbrokes.

Last year the eventual winner of the award, the Swedish poet Tomas Tranströmer, was the betting firm's second favourite to take the prize, given initial odds of 9/2 behind the Syrian poet Adonis, at 4/1

from Alison Flood: The Guardian: Haruki Murakami leads race for Nobel prize for literature

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :