Tuesday, September 26, 2006

September 26th forum announcement

Dear Poetry Fans,

Poetry & Poets in Rags

The Geraldine R. Dodge Poetry Festival begins Thursday, and that is where we begin today's issue, with an article that gives the schedule. I am working Thursday through Saturday, and hope to be able to make it to Waterloo Village on Sunday. I will try to remember to look like I do in the blog picture. If I'm sharp leaving so early, I will dress exactly the same, but I have been favoring my all-red Red Sox windbreaker lately. Say "Hello" if you are there too.

It was difficult to make final cuts for News at Eleven, the articles being so impressive. There is one from the Guardian on Anne Carson's new book. Scroll to Great Regulars and one of the poems from the book is linked to as well. Also you can find links to two articles on Shakespeare's writing craft. I hope you get to most if not all of the eleven.

In a packed Great Regulars, note the poetry submission guidelines from the Oregonian's B.T. Shaw. Also, I am finally adding Garrison Keillor's weekly web page. Even though it is not from a newspaper, the way Poetry and Poets in Rags has evolved, it should be included by now.

Thanks for clicking in. And hope to see you soon.

Yours,
Rus

Our links:

IBPC: Poetry & Poets in Rags

Poetry & Poets in Rags Blog

IBPC Home

IBPC Newswire

No comments :