Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Great Regulars: [Maram al-Massri's] work has appeared

in many international anthologies and been translated into French, English, Spanish, Corsican, Serbian and Italian. The following poems, taken from "A Red Cherry on a White-tiled Floor," have been translated into English by Khaled Mattawa. He is the author of three books of poems. He teaches in the M.F.A. Creative Writing Program at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.

34

from Good Times Weekly: Poetry Corner: Poetry by Maram al-Massri

~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment :

Unknown said...

I am an Iranian translator and journalist.I have translated a poem of Ms.Al-Massri into Farsi and I have published it on my weblog.I tried to contact her on facebook.But as you may be aware facebook is filtered here in my country.You can inform her on my behalf.
I will try to find and translate more poems of hers.They are very stunning and meaningful poems.
Cordially
Asadollah Amraee

www.asadamraee.blogspot.com