Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Great Regulars: Directions

by Connie Wanek

First you'll come to the end of the freeway.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Directions by Connie Wanek

~~~~~~~~~~~

The House that Goes Dancing
by Deborah Digges

Not always but sometimes when I put on some music

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The House that Goes Dancing by Deborah Digges

~~~~~~~~~~~

Judges in Summer
by Barry Spacks

Sometimes people who judge and judge

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Judges in Summer by Barry Spacks

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mexico
by Robert Hass

I have just crossed the Rio Grande,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Mexico by Robert Hass

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Second Coming
by William Butler Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Second Coming by William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I Look at the Old Car
by Marcia F. Brown

When I look at the old car

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: When I Look at the Old Car by Marcia F. Brown

~~~~~~~~~~~

Why I Don't Write Autobiographical Poems
by Mary Wallach

Vengeance doesn't work in a poem, nor do digs at anatomical parts

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Why I Don't Write Autobiographical Poems by Mary Wallach

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :