Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Great Regulars: For My Wife

by Wesley McNair

How were we to know, leaving your two kids

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: For My Wife by Wesley McNair

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hands
by Jack Ridl

My grandfather grew up holding rags,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Hands by Jack Ridl

~~~~~~~~~~~

Late February
by Ted Kooser

The first warm day,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Late February by Ted Kooser

~~~~~~~~~~~

Molly Bloom's soliloquy
by James Joyce

". . . I was a Flower of the mountain yes when I put the rose in my hair like

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Molly Bloom's soliloquy by James Joyce

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mud, Apples, Milk
by Michael Walsh

Of all things to miss, it's silly

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Mud, Apples, Milk by Michael Walsh

~~~~~~~~~~~

Pushkin
by Marjorie Kowalski Cole

The old cat sleeps

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Pushkin by Marjorie Kowalski Cole

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Saints of April
by Todd Davis

Coltsfoot gives way to dandelion,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Saints of April by Todd Davis

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :