Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Great Regulars: Bach and My Father

by Paul Zimmer

Six days a week my father sold shoes

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Bach and My Father by Paul Zimmer

~~~~~~~~~~~

Graduation Speech
by Charles W. Pratt

Like much that matters, baking bread is easy

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Graduation Speech by Charles W. Pratt

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Immutable Laws
by Maxine Kumin

Never buy land on a slope, my father declared

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Immutable Laws by Maxine Kumin

~~~~~~~~~~~

My Happiness
by Mary Ruefle

I laid my happiness in a field

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: My Happiness by Mary Ruefle

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Passionate Shepherd to His Love
by Christopher Marlowe

Come live with me and be my Love,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Passionate Shepherd to His Love by Christopher Marlowe

~~~~~~~~~~~

Siren
by Robert Hass

Here is the poem I meant to write

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Siren by Robert Hass

~~~~~~~~~~~

Valediction
by Charles W. Pratt

Now the bumbling bees that hover

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Valediction by Charles W. Pratt

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :