Sunday, April 23, 2006

April 18th forum announcement

Dear Poetry Fans,

Poetry & Poets in Rags

This is quite the issue, one of those times I cannot believe the fine poetry articles that didn't make the cut. But it is National Poetry Month. Both The Washington Post and The Guardian have four articles in our three sections this week. Both of these newspapers are worth checking out for their poetry items that did not make the cut. And be sure to scroll all the way down to the very last link in Poetic Obituaries, where you'll find The Guardian's obit on Dame Muriel Spark. At the end of that article are other very good links on her.

My thanks to those I lifted news links from this week, namely Frank Wilson at his blog Books Inq. and Effie at The Town.

Also, I received news that the good forum and member of IBPC, Chiaro-Oscuro will formally close this Thursday night.

Yours,
Rus

Our links:

Poetry & Poets in Rags

IBPC Home

IBPC Newswire

~~~~~~~~~~~

10 comments :

Christopher T. George said...

Hi Rus

Nice to see this blog on the poetry scene up and running. It should get a lot of attention and be of much use to the poetry community. Good luck to you.

All my best

Chris

Rus Bowden said...

Hi Chris,

Great to see you stopping in. Thanks very much.

Another poet, Peter Garner, at a forum said this: Now all you need is a podcast and you're well and truly into the 21st century.
But this finally clicked for me, that it is a natural for what I do. For some reason, I could not fathom blogging before.

Thanks very much for your moral support. You have a web site, an NP Writer's site, I didn't know about: Christopher T. George: An online poetry selection. I'll get the link up. And I see there you have a link to Janet Kenny's too. Great stuff.

Thanks again.

Rus

Carl Bryant said...

Thanks for this, Rus.

It should be a lively blog!

Rus Bowden said...

Hi Carl,

You're welcome. It's comments like yours that keep it going.

Thanks for stopping in, and leaving a note behind.

Yours,
Rus

Lisa Cohen said...

Hi Rus!

Welcome to the blogosphere. :)

Thanks for linking to my blog--I've put you on my blogroll, which will show when you've updated your blog.

It's a brave new world.

best,
Lisa

Rus Bowden said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the welcome to the world. And now I'm brave enough to Blog in it.

Thanks, also, for letting me understand what Blogrolling is.

Yours,
Rus

Unknown said...

Hi Rus,

Great blog for the column. I'll definitely be checking in here since you've made it even easier to read the poetry news you pull together for us every week.

Thanks for adding my website link. I've added you to my blog: novemberskypoetry.blogspot.com. I hope you get piles of visits!

Sherry Pasquarello said...

hi, chris sent your blog my way. he did me a favor. it's a good one. i'll be checking back.
right now, blogger has gremlins!

; ) sherry

Rus Bowden said...

Hi Christine,

It's great to see you popping in. I have your November Sky on the list, but didn't know about your blog. I'll add it.

Speaking of your links, congratulations on your first issue, as editor of Autumn Sky Poetry.

See you 'round. Thanks very much for stopping by.

Rus

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for leaving a note, even with all those gremlins around.

It seems Chris did me a favor. Nice to meet you.

Yours,
Rus

Unknown said...

Hi Rus,

Thanks a bunch for linking to my sites and the extremely kind words about Autumn Sky Poetry. You're a dear man. :-) And now I'm off to check out this week's column. . .