Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Poetic Obituaries: A freelance writer and journalist, Mrs. [Hazel] Adcock

wrote for several publications and interviewed many national personalities. She later wrote a popular book, "Prairie Hope," which told the story of early Oklahoma history.

She was active in Falls Church and a member of the Women's Club, the garden club, the great books group and was the founder of The Cherry Hill Writers and Poets Society. She was especially fond of poetry.

from Falls Church News-Press: Falls Church Resident Hazel Adcock Dies

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments :

mz said...

thanks for acknowledging my mother. I read one of her poems @ her funeral. Her home was sold today. I miss her.

Anonymous said...

MZ:

I am the woman who bought your mom's house. I am an avid gardener and will think of her as I tend her/my garden.

MB