Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Great Regulars: Adam's Curse

by William Butler Yeats

We sat together at one summer's end,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Adam's Curse by William Butler Yeats

~~~~~~~~~~~

Cold Poem
by Jim Harrison

A cold has put me on the fritz, said Eugene O'Neill,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Cold Poem by Jim Harrison

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Meaning of Life
by Nancy Fitzgerald

There is a moment just before

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Meaning of Life by Nancy Fitzgerald

~~~~~~~~~~~

New York Notes
by Harvey Shapiro

1. Caught on a side street in heavy traffic, I said to the cabbie, I should have

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: New York Notes by Harvey Shapiro

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ode on My Mother's Handwriting
by Barbara Hamby

Her a's are like small rolls warm from the oven, yeasty,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Ode on My Mother's Handwriting by Barbara Hamby

~~~~~~~~~~~

Ode to the Potato
by Barbara Hamby

"They eat a lot of French fries here," my mother

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Ode to the Potato by Barbara Hamby

~~~~~~~~~~~

Suburban Bison
by James Tate

Joshua and I had decided to go bowling.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Suburban Bison by James Tate

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :