Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Great Regulars: Burned Man

by David Huddle

When I was twelve, a man was burned

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Burned Man by David Huddle

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Center of Gravity
by Ron Padgett

The military Jeep was said

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Center of Gravity by Ron Padgett

~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily I Fall in Love with Mechanics
by Susan Thurston

in response to Daily I Fall in Love with Waitresses by Elliot Fried

Daily I fall in love with mechanics

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Daily I Fall in Love with Mechanics by Susan Thurston

~~~~~~~~~~~

First Night Floor is Deck
by Victor W. Pearn

Nomenclature

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: First Night Floor is Deck by Victor W. Pearn

~~~~~~~~~~~

Inscription for the Ceiling of a Bedroom
by Dorothy Parker

Daily dawns another day;

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Inscription for the Ceiling of a Bedroom by Dorothy Parker

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mammogram
by Jo McDougall

"They're benign," the radiologist says,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Mammogram by Jo McDougall

~~~~~~~~~~~

Modern Declaration
by Edna St. Vincent Millay

I, having loved ever since I was a child a few things, never

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Modern Declaration by Edna St. Vincent Millay

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :