Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Great Regulars: U.S.-based Chinese author Dong Dingshan

said it was unclear who exactly picked out the music for the night's entertainment.

"Did the Chinese government choose it, or was it Lang Lang himself?" Dong said. "I think there is a mystery here."

But he said the choice of music was in breach of diplomatic etiquette. "If you are a guest in someone's house, you should behave politely," he said.

from Luisetta Mudie: Radio Free Asia: Musical Blunder at State Dinner

~~~~~~~~~~~

"I haven't heard anything . . . I have no news about the case," said Liu [Xiaobo]'s lawyer Ding Xikui.

"I haven't seen [Liu] since my last visit with him last April."

Liu's wife, Liu Xia, has been held under house arrest and cut off from communication with the outside world since his award was announced in Oslo on Oct. 8.

"I haven't managed to contact [Liu Xia], either," Ding added.

from Luisetta Mudie: Radio Free Asia: 'No New Year Visit' For Liu

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :