Tuesday, November 01, 2011

News at Eleven: And it is Faber that will publish

his [Christopher Reid's] Selected Poems this month. "They had been asking for some time to do it, but I don't really have that sort of retrospective instinct and so kept saying 'No thank you'. But when I won the Costa it became obvious that people were asking 'Where are this bloke's other poems?', so it would have been silly not to buckle down. In the end it was a less horrible process than I had anticipated. Of course there are some early poems--and some later poems, come to that--that one winces to see in print. But it wasn't difficult to pick out things I was pleased with, and it was interesting to see how the less mature me is definitely related to the more mature me."

from The Guardian: A life in writing: Christopher Reid

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :