Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Great Regulars: [Ursula K.] Le Guin can go on at length

about what's wrong with the Google settlement and how "the whole principle of copyright is being kind of brushed aside." Every few minutes, she'll pause and mention that the issues are complicated, then pick up where she left off. She admits that her "combative streak" and "windmill climbing ... this is Dona Quixote here" are well-suited to a scrap with Google and bursts out laughing at the thought of Google contacting her.

"They don't notice gnats," she says. "They talk to China. I hope they know that I'm not anti-Google. I love my search engine. It's an awfully good one. I just think they did the wrong thing here and they've got to be stopped."

from Jeff Baker: The Oregonian: Northwest Writers at Work: Ursula K. Le Guin is 80 and taking on Google

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :