Tuesday, August 24, 2010

News at Eleven: Khet Mar: I was blindfolded,

so I could only hear. One of my friends was in the room with me and was blindfolded too. He didn't know I was there because I was not speaking, but I recognized his voice. The interrogators asked him to reveal the names of people involved with us and he quickly gave them the names and told them about our secret meetings. At that time only students had access to the university buildings, but some of the movement leaders went there to organize the students. I used to find student IDs for them so they could get into the buildings. My friend also revealed the names of movement leaders who went to the university, how we distributed poems in the movement, and the strategies we had for the future. When I heard him reveal our secrets I was really angry with him. But after many months I understood: he was tortured too much.

Silvia Duarte: But you were tortured for ten days.

from The Peoples Voice: Fighting with Writing, Political Activism and Social Work Khet Mar: A Delicate Warrior

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :