Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Great Regulars: Black Umbrellas

by Rick Agran

On a rainy day in Seattle stumble into any coffee shop

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Black Umbrellas by Rick Agran

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Clause
by C. K. Williams

This entity I call my mind, this hive of restlessness,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Clause by C. K. Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~

Evolution in Indiana
by Richard Cecil

I thought that species took ten thousand years

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Evolution in Indiana by Richard Cecil

~~~~~~~~~~~

Greenhouse
by Paul Hostovsky

My Aunt Ellie lived in a green-

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Greenhouse by Paul Hostovsky

~~~~~~~~~~~

I Planned To Have a Border of Lavender
by Paul Goodman

I planned to have a border of lavender

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I Planned To Have a Border of Lavender by Paul Goodman

~~~~~~~~~~~

Little Sisters
by Sonia Gernes

This birthday I have reached the age

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Little Sisters by Sonia Gernes

~~~~~~~~~~~

Parting
by Emily Dickinson

My life closed twice before its close;

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Parting by Emily Dickinson

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :