Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Great Regulars: Being But Men

by Dylan Thomas

Being but men, we walked into the trees

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Being But Men by Dylan Thomas

~~~~~~~~~~~

Enriching the Earth
by Wendell Berry

To enrich the earth I have sowed clover and grass

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Enriching the Earth by Wendell Berry

~~~~~~~~~~~

Full Moon, Key West
by Elizabeth Bishop

The town is paper-white:

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Full Moon, Key West by Elizabeth Bishop

~~~~~~~~~~~

In Spite of Everything, the Stars
by Edward Hirsch

Like a stunned piano, like a bucket

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: In Spite of Everything, the Stars by Edward Hirsch

~~~~~~~~~~~

Losing My Sight
by Lisel Mueller

I never knew that by August

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Losing My Sight by Lisel Mueller

~~~~~~~~~~~

Watering Trough
by Maxine Kumin

Let the end of all bathtubs

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Watering Trough by Maxine Kumin

~~~~~~~~~~~

Wishes
by Ted Berrigan

Now I wish I were asleep, to see my dreams taking place

from Garrison Keillor & Billy Collins: The Writer's Almanac: Wishes by Ted Berrigan

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :