Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Great Regulars: After Our Daughter's Wedding

by Ellen Bass

While the remnants of cake

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: After Our Daughter's Wedding by Ellen Bass

~~~~~~~~~~~

A Deer in the Target
by Robert Fanning

I only got a ten-second shot,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: A Deer in the Target by Robert Fanning

~~~~~~~~~~~

The O's
by Baron Wormser

My grandfather is lying in the hospital bed

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The O's by Baron Wormser

~~~~~~~~~~~

Runways Café II
by Marilyn Hacker

For once, I hardly noticed what I ate

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Runways Café II by Marilyn Hacker

~~~~~~~~~~~

Snow
by George Bilgere

A heavy snow, and men my age

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Snow by George Bilgere

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Story of My Life
by Jennifer Michael Hecht

Each day goes down in history, wets its feet

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Story of My Life by Jennifer Michael Hecht

~~~~~~~~~~~

Translation of My Life
by Elizabeth Spires

I remember the past.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Translation of My Life by Elizabeth Spires

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :