Tuesday, July 21, 2009

News at Eleven (Back Page):

At that time, there were perhaps fewer than 30 graves at Khavaran. The second visit was for my wife, and I was accompanied by my brother-in-law, Hosein Okhovat-Moqadam. However, when Hosein was executed a few weeks later, I could not bring myself to visit the Khavaran cemetery again.

Later I learned that three days before my wife was executed--that is, on January 4, 1982--six members of the Spiritual Assembly of the Baha'is of Tehran had been executed and their bodies had been dumped in the same cemetery.

On January 2009, this cemetery was demolished by the Islamic Government of Iran.

It was the resting place of 50 Baha'is, and thousands of other freedom-seeking Iranians.

from Iran Press Watch: Justice, not Shame!

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :