Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Great Regulars: Going to Bed

by George Bilgere

I check the locks on the front door

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Going to Bed by George Bilgere

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Loneliest Job in the World
by Tony Hoagland

As soon as you begin to ask the question, Who loves me?,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Loneliest Job in the World by Tony Hoagland

~~~~~~~~~~~

Stille Nacht, Heilege Nacht
by Peter Meinke

At Christmas, my sisters and I

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Stille Nacht, Heilege Nacht by Peter Meinke

~~~~~~~~~~~

Susanna
by Anne Porter

Nobody in the hospital

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Susanna by Anne Porter

~~~~~~~~~~~

Things I Know
by Joyce Sutphen

I know how the cow's head turns

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Things I Know by Joyce Sutphen

~~~~~~~~~~~

When I First Saw Snow
by Gregory Djanikian

Tarrytown, N.Y.

Bing Crosby was singing "White Christmas"

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: When I First Saw Snow by Gregory Djanikian

~~~~~~~~~~~

You Are Happy
by Margaret Atwood

The water turns

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: You Are Happy by Margaret Atwood

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :