Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Great Regulars: For Anna Catherine on Thanksgiving

by Samuel Hazo

The first girl in generations,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: For Anna Catherine on Thanksgiving by Samuel Hazo

~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun, Fun, Fun When the Guy Goes Away
by Hal Sirowitz

That's a strange question to ask

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Fun, Fun, Fun When the Guy Goes Away by Hal Sirowitz

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hear My Prayer, O Lord . . .
by Barbara Hamby

Hear my prayer, O Lord, though all I do all day is watch

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Hear My Prayer, O Lord . . . by Barbara Hamby

~~~~~~~~~~~

I beseech thee, O Yellow Pages . . .
by Barbara Hamby

I beseech thee, O Yellow Pages, help me find a number

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I beseech thee, O Yellow Pages . . . by Barbara Hamby

~~~~~~~~~~~

Learning Animals and Insects in Third Grade
by Len Roberts

I cold hear the horse neigh in that

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Learning Animals and Insects in Third Grade by Len Roberts

~~~~~~~~~~~

Never Mind
by Denver Butson

that guests no longer come unannounced

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Never Mind by Denver Butson

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanksgiving
by Linda McCarriston

Every year we call it down upon ourselves,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Thanksgiving by Linda McCarriston

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :