Tuesday, November 15, 2011

News at Eleven: A drawing of kitten-heeled shoes recall

a pair she [Sylvia Plath] mentions in chapter 12 of "The Bell Jar": "I had removed my patent leather shoes after a while, for they foundered badly in the sand. It pleased me to think they would be perched there on a silver log pointing out to sea, like a sort of soul-compass after I was dead." On March 16, 1956, she wrote in her journal about drawing in Paris: "Then, inspired, I took my sketch book and squatted in the sun at the very end of the Île de la Cité in a little green park of Henri 4 du Vert Galant & began to draw the vista through the Pont Neuf; it was a good composition with the arches."

from Artinfo: New London Drawings Show Reveals Sylvia Plath's Lesser-Known Lines
then Artinfo: Photo Galleries: Sylvia Plath's Drawings at Mayor Gallery
then artnet: Sylvia Plath: Her Drawings & Dadamaino: Volumes Nov 2--Dec 16, 2011

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :