Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Great Regulars: Animal Spirits

by Denise Levertov

When I was five and

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Animal Spirits by Denise Levertov

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Blue Dress
by Freya Manfred

I don't recall pain, or joy, only the blue dress

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Blue Dress by Freya Manfred

~~~~~~~~~~~

I Ask My Mother to Sing
by Li-Young Lee

She begins, and my grandmother joins her.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I Ask My Mother to Sing by Li-Young Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~

Iowa City to Boulder
by William Matthews

I take most of the drive by night.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Iowa City to Boulder by William Matthews

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jarring Honey
by Nick Norwood

Decanting from bucket to pot,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Jarring Honey by Nick Norwood

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Land of Beginning Again
by Louisa Fletcher

I wish that there were some wonderful place

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Land of Beginning Again by Louisa Fletcher

~~~~~~~~~~~

On Visiting the Grave of My Stillborn Little Girl
by Elizabeth Gaskell

Sunday July 4th 1836

I made a vow within my soul, O Child,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: On Visiting the Grave of My Stillborn Little Girl by Elizabeth Gaskell

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :