Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Great Regulars: "Yes," I said to myself.

"That's exactly what is on display here." And so I made my way back, reveling in the wondrous all and nothing Bonnard had managed to capture. In the meantime, my mind had automatically made one of those associative leaps it does so well on its own: It reminded me of something I had read on the bus trip to Manhattan. It was in Josef Pieper's The Silence of St. Thomas: " . . . it is part of the very nature of things that their knowability cannot be exhausted by any finite intelligence . . . the very element which makes them capable of being known must necessarily be at the same time the reason why things are unfathomable."

from Frank Wilson: When Falls the Coliseum: That's What He Said: The wondrous all and nothing

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :