Tuesday, August 25, 2009

News at Eleven: Of his various artistic pursuits,

[Tamir] Lahav-Radlmesser says: "My writing is autobiographical: family, war, travels, loves, separations. Photography clearly cannot cover these subjects without turning into 'illustration.' I never took a picture of my mother, for example, or anyone else in the family. It would have turned into a sort of concrete 'family album,' and thus would be private in a way that doesn't interest the outsider. Poetry enables me to write about my personal 'case' in a way that makes it universal; it is therefore understood and touches many people. At least that's what I understand from readers' reactions."

In 1996 he had a photography exhibit entitled "Men Urinating," which he photographed at home. "This was another way of creating a portrait of people," he says.

from Haaretz: A man in full

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :