Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Great Regulars: Harvest

by Louise Gluck

It's autumn in the market--

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Harvest by Louise Gluck

~~~~~~~~~~~

I carry your heart with me
by E. E. Cummings

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I carry your heart with me by E. E. Cummings

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jubilee
by Gabrielle Calvocoressi

Come down to the water. Bring your snare drum,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Jubilee by Gabrielle Calvocoressi

~~~~~~~~~~~

Two Cats
by Katha Pollitt

It's better to be a cat than to be a human.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Two Cats by Katha Pollitt

~~~~~~~~~~~

Walking at Night
by Louise Gluck

Now that she is old,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Walking at Night by Louise Gluck

~~~~~~~~~~~

Water Table
by Billy Collins

It is on dry sunny days like this one that I find myself

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Water Table by Billy Collins

~~~~~~~~~~~

the way it works
by Charles Bukowski

she came out at 9:30 a.m. in the morning

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: the way it works by Charles Bukowski

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :