Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Great Regulars: The Court of the Two Sisters

by Phillip Lopate

The slow green fans turning in the courtyard

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Court of the Two Sisters by Phillip Lopate

~~~~~~~~~~~

the hookers, the madmen and the doomed
by Charles Bukowski

today at the track

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: the hookers, the madmen and the doomed by Charles Bukowski

~~~~~~~~~~~

I started Early--Took my Dog--
by Emily Dickinson

I started Early--Took my Dog -

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I started Early--Took my Dog--

~~~~~~~~~~~

Manna
by Joseph Stroud

Everywhere, everywhere, snow sifting down,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Manna by Joseph Stroud

~~~~~~~~~~~

Missoula in a Dusty Light
by John Haines

Walking home through the tall

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Missoula in a Dusty Light by John Haines

~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes from the Delivery Room
by Linda Pastan

Strapped down,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Notes from the Delivery Room by Linda Pastan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sins of the Father
by W.D. Ehrhart

Today my child came home from school in tears.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Sins of the Father by W.D. Ehrhart

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :