Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Great Regulars: June Beisch said, "that within a short space

and with a few words, one could achieve so much more than with prose". This poem is the embodiment of the above quote. Beisch successfully applies the rigorous philosophy of Jean-Paul Sartre to colloquial language in a poem that moves from small-town/big city anxiety to cosmopolitan confidence in 19 lines. The narrator's power to overcome emotional, mental, and philosophical distress in the course of a sit-down dinner is so appetizing that this poem is a dish that begs to be eaten over and over again.

from Suite101.com: June Robertson Beisch's "Lobster"

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

Rus, this is not my article.

Thanks,
Linda Sue Grimes
Feature Writer for Poetry
Suite101.com

Rus Bowden said...

So sorry. As you can now see, I have moved it.

But as you already saw, I missed your article, which means I spotted it, and mis-clicked into this one. I was thinking while reading it, "Boy, this is different," and that should have been enough to alert me of my mistake. But I had a difficult day. This was not the only error I fixed. The others were all done within a few hours of finishing the posting.

I'll need to get to yours this next week.

Thanks very much.