Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Great Regulars: by Garrison Keillor

My Career in Radio

I'm a radio man for thirty-some years

from Garrison Keillor: The Atlantic Monthly: My Career in Radio

~~~~~~~~~~~

Candlelight
by Tony Hoagland

Crossing the porch in the hazy dusk

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Candlelight by Tony Hoagland

~~~~~~~~~~~

Classic Ballroom Dances
by Charles Simic

Grandmothers who wring the necks

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Classic Ballroom Dances by Charles Simic

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Cows at Night
by Hayden Carruth

The moon was like a full cup tonight,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Cows at Night by Hayden Carruth

~~~~~~~~~~~

Medallion
by Michael Heffernan

I'm going to go out and walk around a little,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Medallion by Michael Heffernan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Personal Address
by Pat Schneider

Welcoming Angels
by Pat Schneider

Personal Address

To you only I speak,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Personal Address by Pat Schneider Welcoming Angels by Pat Schneider

~~~~~~~~~~~

Planting a Sequoia
by Dana Gioia

All afternoon my brothers and I have worked in the orchard,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Planting a Sequoia by Dana Gioia

~~~~~~~~~~~

Stopping along the Way
by David Wagoner

Heading south toward campus, my car

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Stopping along the Way by David Wagoner

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :