Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Great Regulars: Richard [Miller] was the first person to

encourage me to become a writer. We spent many Saturdays walking around Greenwich Village--going to bookstores. I mailed poems to him while I was at Howard. I loved to visit his apartment not far from Grant's Tomb in Manhattan. Bach, Beethoven, and Brahms surrounded my brother. Boy, could he play the piano and organ. He once attended Julliard. He also had a deep interest in Egypt and Ethiopia. He loved animals and took the name of St. Francis . . .

[by E. Ethelbert Miller]

Fire

from E. Ethelbert Miller: E-Notes: It's Almost Easter. I Need the Memories and the Eggs

~~~~~~~~~~~

[by E. Ethelbert Miller]

The Help

After a hard day's work

from E. Ethelbert Miller: E-Notes: The Help

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :