Tuesday, April 19, 2011

News at Eleven: "I was arrested without warrant

while not committing any crime or doing anything illegal; I was not informed of the reason for my arrest at the time of my arrest. I was also denied the right to counsel; denied a phone call and prevented from contacting my family or my lawyer and subjected to prolonged interrogation for 44 hours," he [Ericson Acosta] said.

Acosta said that during tactical interrogation, he was physically and psychologically tortured; deprived of sleep, threatened, intimidated, coerced and forced to admit membership in the New People's Army (NPA).

from Bulatlat: Political Detainee, Poet Ericson Acosta Tortured, Almost Executed by Military
then Philippine Daily Inquirer: Cultural activists seek poet's release

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :