Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Poetic Obituaries: [Peter Wild's] text persuades other writers

to pen higher. Historical prose crafted by a master wordsmith goes down deliciously; even dry facts linger on the tongue.

On writing, my client mused, "as the writer you're the guide, and it's best to assume that your readers are pretty ignorant about where they are going. Therefore, you need to lead them by the hand, as if you're giving a tour of a garden."

from Las Vegas Sun: Poet left behind a legacy of loving words

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments :

Felicia Poquette said...

I took Mr. Wild's poetry classes back in 1991. He was such a good teacher--always challenging us with unique assignments. He was such a neat person to talk to. He gave me so much good advice and encouragement.
His own poetry was stunning. I will miss him so much.

Michelle said...

I have been a fan of Peter Wild since the 1970s. A great poet.