Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Poetic Obituaries: Others worry about blindness as much as I worry

About losing the taste and the smell of the world
Once my animal connection with the vast substances
Lying out there are cut I shrink into a dark area
Where I hear nothing but the helpless ticking of my body
And the dim grey roar of the saltless ocean of my self

Dilip Chitre: From Poem Conceived in Several Hospitals

As in so many of his poems, Dilip Chitre who died in Pune on Thursday, Dec 10, speaks for so many of us who fear our own deaths, the death of friends, family, and people close to us. "Dilip would insist that life was tragic," says Adil Jussawalla, a close friend.

from Mumbai Mirror: Remembering Dilip Chitre
also DNA India: 'Amazing writer, fine human being'
also Sakaal Times: Poet and writer Dilip Chitre passes away

~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment :

Burt Blume said...

Russ: Thank you for posting these insightful comments about the very powerful and complex voice of my friend Dilip Chitre.