Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Regulars: Air

by Ruth Stone

Through the open window, a confusion

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Air by Ruth Stone

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Execution
by Alden Nowlan

On the night of the execution

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Execution by Alden Nowlan

~~~~~~~~~~~

First Early Mornings Together
by Robert Pinsky

Waking up over the candy store together

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: First Early Mornings Together by Robert Pinsky

~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no Life but this
by Emily Dickinson

I have no Life but this--

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I have no Life but this by Emily Dickinson

~~~~~~~~~~~

I Knew a Woman
by Theodore Roethke

I knew a woman, lovely in her bones,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: I Knew a Woman by Theodore Roethke

~~~~~~~~~~~

Smoke Break Behind the Treatment Center
by Debra Nystrom

End of the third week: family weekend.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Smoke Break Behind the Treatment Center by Debra Nystrom

~~~~~~~~~~~

Vigil Strange I Kept on the Field One Night
by Walt Whitman

Vigil strange I kept on the field one night;

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Vigil Strange I Kept on the Field One Night by Walt Whitman

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :