Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Great Regulars: Robert Pinsky: A human need to feel

what it is like to have a work of art come right out of you. I think we like that a lot.

It is a particular pleasure, to say, I want to recite this to you. And it is a risk. And it's a nobler form of the risk when you're going to tell somebody a joke. If I start, "Love at the lips was touch as sweet as I could bear, and once I lived on air," it is a little bit like saying, the pope, a zebra and an optometrist go into a bar.

from Robert Pinsky: PBS: Newshour: Former Poet Laureate Pinsky: Poetry 'Too Fundamental, Large' to Need Advocate
then PBS: Newshour: Robert Pinsky Reads From 'Selected Poems'

~~~~~~~~~~~

By Robert Pinsky

Not a "window on the world"

from Robert Pinsky: PBS: Newshour: Weekly Poem: 'To Television'

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :