Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Great Regulars: 227 Waverly Place

by W. S. Merwin

When I have left I imagine they will

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: 227 Waverly Place by W. S. Merwin

~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Girl
by Kim Addonizio

Look at you, sitting there being good.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Good Girl by Kim Addonizio

~~~~~~~~~~~

Joy
by George Bilgere

Today I sit on the sun porch

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Joy by George Bilgere

~~~~~~~~~~~

Modern Love
by Douglass Dunn

It is summer, and we are in a house

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Modern Love by Douglass Dunn

~~~~~~~~~~~

Mother, Summer, I
by Philip Larkin

My mother, who hates thunder storms,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Mother, Summer, I by Philip Larkin

~~~~~~~~~~~

No Coward Soul is Mine
by Emily Bronte

No coward soul is mine,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: No Coward Soul is Mine by Emily Bronte

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Schoolboy
by William Blake

I love to rise in a summer morn,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Schoolboy by William Blake

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :