Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Great Regulars: The Coming of Light

by Mark Strand

Even this late it happens:

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Coming of Light by Mark Strand

~~~~~~~~~~~

Days End
by Alden Nowlan

for Anne

I have worked since daylight in the hayfields.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Days End by Alden Nowlan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Everything but God
by Anne Pierson Wiese

In Europe you can see cathedrals

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Everything but God by Anne Pierson Wiese

~~~~~~~~~~~

For the Life of Him and Her
by Reed Whittemore

For the life of her she couldn't decide what to wear to the party.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: For the Life of Him and Her by Reed Whittemore

~~~~~~~~~~~

Here I Am
by Michael Ryan

on a subway station bench

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Here I Am by Michael Ryan

~~~~~~~~~~~

Sonnet 116: Let me not to the marriage of true minds
by William Shakespeare

Let me not to the marriage of true minds

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Sonnet 116: Let me not to the marriage of true minds by William Shakespeare

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Starfish
by Robert Bly

It is low tide. Fog. I have climbed down the cliffs

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Starfish by Robert Bly

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :