Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Great Regulars: Bedtime

by Denise Levertov

We are a meadow where the bees hum,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Bedtime by Denise Levertov

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Bull of Bendylaw
by Sylvia Plath

The black bull bellowed before the sea.

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Bull of Bendylaw by Sylvia Plath

~~~~~~~~~~~

An Easy-Going Weekend
by Gerald Locklin

With my wife and daughter away at

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: An Easy-Going Weekend by Gerald Locklin

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Preacher
by Louis Jenkins

When times were hard, no work on the railroad,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Preacher by Louis Jenkins

~~~~~~~~~~~

Rush Hour
by C.K. Williams

Someone has folded a coat under the boy's head,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: Rush Hour by C.K. Williams

~~~~~~~~~~~

To prayer I think I go . . .
by Robert Frost

To prayer I think I go,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: To prayer I think I go . . . by Robert Frost

~~~~~~~~~~~

The Truth
by Ronald Wallace

for Amy

Her breast cancer, she said,

from Garrison Keillor: The Writer's Almanac: The Truth by Ronald Wallace

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :