Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Great Regulars: It's not often that we parents get

an opportunity to see you on TV talking about education, so it was a delight to see you on Question Time the other day. Several moments caught my eye.

There was a discussion about the "national" curriculum. I wonder how many of the people watching fully grasp how non-national this curriculum is. I've always understood that my "nation" is Great Britain, my nationality is British, but this curriculum is for England only--not Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland. What's more, it is not compulsory for free schools, academies or private schools. So, is there any good reason why you should go on calling it a "national" curriculum?

from Michael Rosen: The Guardian: Dear Mr Gove: Michael Rosen's letter from a curious parent

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :