Tuesday, April 02, 2013

News at Eleven: Land's End amusement park sounds like a hell hole

so I'm not planning to hang around there, but instead to overshoot the mainland and arrive by ferry in the Isles of Scilly at around the time of a full moon; not for romantic purposes, but for reasons associated with planetary gravitational forces. Because, at certain times in the lunar cycle it is possible to carry on walking between some of the islands, from Tresco to Bryher, then Bryher to Samson, whose population, according to the 2001 census, is "(1)". I only hope that person likes contemporary verse.

I put an itinerary up on my website about six weeks ago and I've already had offers of readings and B&Bs at about half the stops.

from The Guardian: Simon Armitage: a poetic pilgrimage around Devon and Cornwall
then The New York Times: A Poet in Hiking Boots (Not the Happy Wanderer)

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :