Tuesday, April 15, 2008

News at Eleven: [Maxine Kumin is] focused on the poems

she's writing--about nature, the war in Iraq, and Samuel Taylor Coleridge--and on the necessity of remaining vigilant as a writer. "I've reached a point in life where it would be easy to let down my guard and write simple imagistic poems. But I don't want to write poems that aren't necessary. I want to write poems that matter, that have an interesting point of view."

from Christian Science Monitor: For Maxine Kumin, 'Writing is my salvation'

~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments :

Pris said...

What a wonderful blog. I'm adding it to my links. Hope that's okay!

Rus Bowden said...

Hi Pris,

Very glad you left a note. And I just linked to your Songs To A Midnight Sky and Poetic Inspirations on the sidebar here.

Yours,
Rus