Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Great Regulars: by Ted Kooser

Gabardine

To sit in sunlight with other old men,

from Ted Kooser: The Atlantic Monthly: Poetry: Gabardine

~~~~~~~~~~~

Splitting an Order
by Ted Kooser

I like to watch an old man cutting a sandwich in half,

from Ted Kooser: The Writer's Almanac: Splitting an Order by Ted Kooser

~~~~~~~~~~~

I've built many wren houses since my wife and I moved to the country 25 years ago. It's a good thing to do in the winter. At one point I had so many extra that in the spring I set up at a local farmers' market and sold them for five dollars apiece. I say all this to assert that I am an authority at listening to the so small voices that Thomas R. Smith captures in this poem. Smith lives in Wisconsin.

Baby Wrens' Voices

from Ted Kooser: American Life in Poetry: Column 232

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :